With the holidays coming up I was inspired to share one of my all time favorite body cleansers with you guys! For some reason peppermint just reminds me Christmas lol, maybe it’s all the candy canes I snuck off the tree and ate as a little girl *shrugs* idk! But, if you haven’t tried peppermint soap already then you’re seriously missing out! Just imagine stepping out of a the shower or bath feeling like a walking peppermint 😏. Honestly, it gives you a non-stop fresh feeling and experience that you will never forget. I tried it once a few years ago and I’ve been hooked ever since, between peppermint soap and eucalyptus soap (another amazing minty fresh soap) I have never felt more clean in my life. Minty soaps like these make you feel fresh, smell amazing, and also bring many benefits, such as clearing respiratory congestion, reducing the growth of bacteria and fungi (including athletes foot), sends a calming signal to brain and nervous systems helping to ease anxiety and stress (FYI: scents are a large factor into how your brain and body reacts), and much more! Both eucalyptus and peppermint are also natural anti-cancer agents and are perfect for those with sensitive skin. If you weren’t aware brands like Dove, Johnson & Johnson baby products, Aveeno, etc. “supposedly made for sensitive skin” contain many cancerous ingredients. Always beware of those products that say “organic” and natural”, don’t just believe it because you read it. It’s all apart of the advertising and marketing business, so please take some time out to actually read the ingredients on the back and google the side effects, if you care that much. Ok, getting off topic here lol back to the beauty of this post. Peppermint and eucalyptus soaps and oils can be found in many stores and also online, just google to find where they’re available in your area! (My favorite brand is Dr. Bonners and I normally order from Amazon.com) Give your body a break from those soaps that are filled with harmful and toxic chemicals and upgrade to something more reputable, natural, and benefiting. I will also drop the instructions to a D.I.Y. version of a peppermint body wash below. Stay fresh, see ya next week!
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Unscented Castile Soap.
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Glycerin.
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil.
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Almond Oil.
- 1 Tbsp Vitamin E Oil.
- 10 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil (Can substituted with Eucalyptus Oil or any other essential oil)
- 25 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil.
- In a large bowl mix castile soap, glycerin, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, & vitamin e oil.
- Mix until evenly blended, if it starts to foam continue to stir.
- After about 3 minutes of mixing add in the essential oils.
- Continue to mix for an additional 3-5 minutes
- Use a funnel to pour soap into 8 oz bottles (should be enough to fill at least 3)
- Store in a dark cool place until ready to use, discard after 3 months.