Keeping your skin tight, clear, and smooth are all common “skin goals”, especially for my ladies. Specifically keeping our skin nice and tight because no one wants to be walking around with wrinkles, loose chin/neck skin, sagging eyelids, extreme cellulite, and etc. We want to appear refreshed, vibrant, well-put together, and confident, but in order to achieve these goals you must have a skin care routine that will help produce those results. During my research I noticed that primarily maturer women are the top consumers of firming/tightening masks and products and though it didn’t surprise me it sort of made me giggle. It really tickles me how we look forward to finding cures before looking into preventive and protective methods. Why would you voluntarily wait until you see the actual wrinkles and or loose/saggy skin before you decide to “tighten up” and do something about it? I am a firm believer in prevention over cures or corrective methods, simply because it’s an easier process and requires less energy in the future. So here’s a little advice from me to you: If you see a wrinkle starting to form, feel your skin becoming a little too soft/loose, or if you want to reduce the appearance of cellulite then you should start applying a tightening/firming mask to those areas at least twice a month. I’ve created a simple, inexpensive, all natural, firming mask recipe that can be used for both face & body for you all to try!
Take care of your largest organ, your skin is an overall reflection of health!
D.I.Y. Firming Mask
Ingredients: 1/2 Banana, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of honey, the egg whites of one egg
- In a medium sized glass bowl peel then mash the banana until you see no lumps
- Mix in the egg whites and whip until the two are equally combined
- Store in fridge for 20 minutes to let settle
- Remove mixture from fridge and mix in olive oil and honey
Applying Instructions: (recommended no more than once weekly)
- Wash your face with a non-soap facial cleanser
- Rinse with cool water and pat face dry (leave face damp)
- Apply mixture evenly on face, neck, or other desired areas
- Allow to dry on skin for 20 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Follow with a final rinse with cool water
Can be kept in fridge for up to 2 weeks, or frozen and thawed but don’t refreeze. After thawing use all of product or discard of it.